Saturday, June 10, 2006

Perfect

Today has been a perfect day. I got to see some sites I`ve been meaning to see and spend time with an old friend. One of my students from the first time I was in Japan, the only one I`ve kept in touch with, came to see me today. We went to see the local museum and park that I`ve been meaning to get to. I really liked it. It really gave me a feel for what old Japan was like. I walked along a highway that is hundreds of years old. Except for some old houses, I`m sure it barely resembles its old self. Then I was in a 200 year old hotel. Very rare in this country of wooden houses. It`s now a museum. Went to the zoo, which is in a great park. It was a cool day. Enjoyed chatting with an old friend, and just relaxed and had fun. Then we did the dollar store tour. They`ve got some good dollar stores here. Anyway, she has to work tomorrow, so she`s gone home. I`ll go into Nagoya to see family tomorrow. Today marks the half way mark of my time here. I can hardly believe it. I more or less still feel like I`m settling in.

The rainy season is supposed to be starting this week. From here on in it should get humid and hot. I just hope it doesn`t get too bad. We`ll see.

2 comments:

Joyska said...

i love a post that starts with "today was a perfect day!" I'm glad you are enjoying your time in Japan! I hope you are taking lots of pics!

Teegan said...

Cheryl, I wondered where you were... I just found your blog. It is so good to hear that you are back in Japan and enjoying the day. I'll keep reading your blog so I can hear all of your news.
Teegan