Thursday, June 22, 2006

Off the top of my head

There are various random things that I see around here that I think I should blog about. I don`t write them down, so I don`t always remember them. But I`ll see how many I can come up with.

You know you`re in a safe country when....
the security guys who service the campus atm`s WALK up to the machine, and only one bothers to keep "watch" (with his back to potential danger!) while the other gets the cash. They could drive their armoured vehicle up to the machines (other service vehicles drive past them), but they don`t seem to have one!! But they dress like a S.W.A.T team. I guess if you look scary you`re safe around here. Except on a bicycle.

Ummmm.....I guess that`s all I can come up with.

I am trying to plan a trip to the place I formerly lived, to see old friends, but it`s come down to getting up there for a couple of weekends, since I couldn`t extend my ticket. It`s kind of tricky getting that far in one evening, which I`d like to do after work on a Friday, but I will find a way. At least one of the weekends is a long one.

So I`m down to thinking in terms of going home. I`m starting to plan my shopping to pick up the things I wanted to take home with me, and I have to do report cards at work, and a final report on my semester, and I`m trying to get to see the people I came to see. The count down is on. Just 3 weeks ago I was musing how fast my first 4 weeks had gone, and that in only 2 weeks I`d be counting down the last 4 weeks. Now I`m down to just over 3 weeks left (of work. I have one more than that in the country). Anyway, the days are going fast, boring or not.

No comments: