Sunday, May 14, 2006

J and A

I'm at John and Andrea's home right now. It's a lovely day, a nice breeze, cool by Japan standards, and warm by Canadian ones. Either way, very comfortable. J&A live in a very residential area, not close to a convenience store or anything. Apparently it was developed 30 years ago or so, so all the houses are modern. John and Andrea have a lovely back yard, a rarity in Japan. It's a nice size for the kids to play in, and not really small as Winnipeg yards go either. They have a beautiful Japanese garden, and even a corner where they "make vegetables", as Simon says.

I had a great first week at work. All of my students are very interested and self-motivated. Maybe I said that in my last entry. Anyway, yesterday A and the boys and I went to an aquarium. It was my first time to one. I loved it. Never seen sea animals so close up. They're beautiful. Would love to go back without the kids and just sit and stare for a while. Maybe I'll check Vancouver's out some time.

1 comment:

Bev said...

Interesting. Keep telling us about your experiences. Like Erica said before ...We can live vicariously through our travelling friends.