Saturday, May 27, 2006

Have you ever...

...bought a meal at McDonald's with a $100 bill? I did, just this morning. And as I did it I thought how silly it would seem back home. But the guy in front of me did it too. Over here, everything lower than $10 is a coin, and the common bills are $10 and $100. I don't think any other bills exist under $100. Haven't seen any. It makes spending money way too easy for me, 'cause I haven't quite gotten over treating a $100 with the casual-ness of $20. Yikes.

6 comments:

Joyska said...

hmmm... i like the sound of that... it's the opposite here... you think you have a wad of money and think you are rich... then sunddenly you realize all the bills are $1.00 bills! ack!

Miss you and hope you are doing well. Can't wait to see all the pics and hear all the stories when you come visit KC!!!

(Practicing the prophetic! hehehe)

Bev said...

What did you get for 100 dollars?

Anonymous said...

you ate at McDonalds???

ewww!!!

C

Cheryl said...

Good practice, Joyska. Keep it up.

Ooops, shouldn`t have admitted that. Honestly, I almost never eat there at home. And it`s just as bad here.

For $100 I got a big Mac, medium fries, medium cola (which ain`t medium by our standards) and$94.20 in change.

Erica said...

They don't have McSushi?

Cheryl said...

No McSushi. I`ll there`s a place called Kappasushi that cornered the market on "fast food sushi". Most Japanese say it`s pretty bad. McDick`s probably owns it.