Thursday, September 21, 2006

Enviro Cleaning

One of my friends emailed me asking what products I had found for cleaning the home that are enviro friendly. The answer, not much. I haven't really been looking, thinking it was a project I'd give more time to after moving. Which I'll do soon. So, wait and see. But in the mean time, I have been told that baking soda, vinegar, and tea tree oil are all you really need to clean a house. I also noticed that there's a cloth called the Natura Cloth which the TV ads claim is always antibacterial without needing anything more than a rinse with regular water. And the friend with the inquiry sent these links:
http://www.seventhgeneration.com http://www.methodhome.com


I did find, through a friend, a store called Lush that sells earth-friendly personal care products, shampoos, deodorants, facial masks, soaps, and more. You can check them out at their website, which you'll have to google. Or you can go to Polo Park, or see if there is an outlet in a store near you.

One more. I found a company called Irene's Soaps that makes a fantastic laundry soap. Her shaving and the one body soap I tried are also great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.lifetimetv.com/shows/clean/video/cleaning_tips.html

Go to this website for lots of cleaning tips that don't require chemicals (and actually work better)

Anonymous said...

I know lush it a neat store - but we had to do a wheelchair simulation for one of our classes. One girl decided she was going to apply for a job that was advertised in the window while she was in the chair and was told they were not hiring. Then another girl in our class went in 5 minutes later not in a wheelchair, and the girl told her to come in for an interview - just something to think about.