Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Back to Life

It's been almost 5 months now that I've been living out of my suitcases, literally. It's been good actually. I've learned a much truer definition of the word "need". Everything, and I really mean everything, I need to live fits in my suitcases, with room left for extras. Not everyone I need to live is in there, but they're probably grateful for that anyway.

In a week or two I will be out of the basement and into a suite I hope to call my own for a long time to come. In 7 years I've lived in eight different places (just in Winnipeg) and house sat a couple. I am so sick of moving around I could scream. However, I will kind of miss this particular basement. I've found some friends that are good to live with (not all friends fit that description). But I want to have a place I can decorate with my things and fill with my friends, basically a home. Right now, lovely as it is, I'm in someone else's home. So I'll leave the basement, even if it is comfortable.

I am looking forward to taking all the things I've collected, many of them gifts attached to memories and love, and turning them into objects of art, or at least using them to make the suite feel like a home. And, I'll have an extra bedroom, so y'all can come visit and stay if it strikes your fancy. (not at the same time)

For about 5 months, I have felt like I'm camping. Even now, my new job is new enough and my time is free enough that I don't feel like I'm into any kind of routine. I'm thinking routine and a new place will make me feel like my nomadic existence has come to an end.

Yesterday I had my first bellydance lesson. We mostly stretched. The instructor warned us that we'd find and use muscles we never knew we had. And she wasn't kidding. Who'd have thought a few stretches and a little wiggling could make a person so sore! But I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Joyska said...

You are moving! yay... i found out where from Deanna, but since you aren't saying where on this public forum, I won't either... but I will say...WOO HOO! Some of my best friends have lived there... guess that tradition continues! :)
Miss ya!

RaY said...

That sounds like a nice new place for you! Sounds like you're going to have a great time belly dancing! FUN!
Bless you! You're a gem!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gem!
Yay, keep the room available for me at the end of December...wanna come home for christmas this year!!!
Awesome with the belly dance class! I went to dance class here (they all say 'yoroshiku' btw) for the first time in a month last friday and was so sore the next day and day after. but good sore!!! did you get the j-bobby pins? good to here you got a place and that u r enjoying the 'peg!
love you, barbie

Cheryl said...

Barbie! What's with all the secrecy! Suddenly don't want to have a net presence? Of course the room's for you. It'll likely have your bed in it. Called mom about the bobby-pins. Got the machine. They're likely there somewhere. Yoroshiku back to everyone. Tell them I'm a dancer too!