Monday, July 03, 2006

Blogger Love

I started blogging very reluctantly, but today I`m really glad I took it up. I`m horrible at keeping a regular journal, online or otherwise. So, I have very little written from my first trip here, in spite of being here 3 years that time round. This time, in the name of keeping in touch with y`all back home, I have collected a few interesting memories and thoughts. Interesting to me, anyway.

And I keep on thinking of more things to blog as I go around Japan, and then I sit down at the computer and don`t feel like typing (those are my game days) or get blogger`s block.

Anyway, today is the first day of my last two weeks of classes. I really like my students, but I`m so glad it`s almost over. I have been having such a negative reaction to teaching this time round that I`m thinking it`s time to give teaching up. I mean, I have THE PERFECT job here. The students are cooperative, willing to participate fully and well, and self-motivated. The course work is all set out for me so that planning is pretty much done and prep time is to a minimum. Teaching`s 2 biggest challenges, classroom management and curriculum, are both well taken care of here. And still I can`t stand this job!! Having the perfect teaching position and still not liking the job is a big hint to walk away and find something else to do, right?

In other news, I booked my tickets to Fukushima today, where I used to live. I am so looking forward to being there. I`m going to love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am praying for you! May you finish well and celebrate your FREEDOM to be uniquely you...for you are beautiful and made in God's image.

Susan