Thursday, March 09, 2006

whatever

So, I sent my contract off yesterday, so it's official, I have a job in Japan. I will have to go to Edmonton sometime to get the visa, that's the closest consulate to us. Went shopping yesterday for a "professional" wardrobe. They insist on that in Japan, and can be much pickier on that than we are. So I think I've got one now. Had a few pieces before, now I think I have all I need, except I might buy some more shoes. Had to pick light clothes too, cause the heat and humidity over there are going to kill me. Just thought of something, I don't have many summer clothes at all!! So now I'll have to shop for a couple of casual things. Actually, I have tops. So just some shorts, I guess. There goes any savings I thought I'd have!! But this is fun!!

Anybody need a ride to Edmonton?

What else... I've been working more than usual this week, so I feel a bit over loaded. But next week will slow down. Am planning to move again. North Henderson is just way too far from the North End, which feels more like home, and if I get rid of my car the bus connections are better back "home" anyway. I just hope I can work something out that I don't have to move again for a few years. For the last 7 years I've moved mostly every few months, and it gets old.

That's all I'll bore you with today.

3 comments:

Ron said...

Wow, Cheryl! Another Janzen goes to Japan. Who would've ever guessed? God Bless, hope that it's all you want and more. Will be anywhere close to your siblings?

Cheryl said...

Hey, I was there first. Led the herd. This will be my triumphant return.
I won't know where the company is putting me until the end of March, and then it's only tentative. I'll know for sure where I'm headed days before getting on the plane.

Diana said...

She's right! The rest of us are copy cats. You asked about indoor/outdoor shoes and the answer is 'not needed at universities'. So just buy what you feel comfy in and a good pair of dressy sandals as you will thanks yourself come July!!! Diana