Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Whole Sordid Tale

For anyone who's been wondering, an update on preps for going to Japan. I received an email about my placement. It was the city furthest from my family and closest to where I used to live. This is OK but not great. 5 days after that email I got one saying a position had opened and would I mind being re-assigned to the area closest to my family. I said "please assign me there if you can". Final word on postings won't be released for another 2 weeks or so, so I won't know exactly where I am going until days before I get on the plane.

So I've been making arrangements for travel, working, and spending some time wondering where I'll live come August. I found a place to "land", so I'll be OK until I find an apartment. I want to find something as permanent as possible, so I don't have to move again. Actually, what I was thinking about today is that what I really want is a home. Does a single person ever really find a home?

Well, that's my story. And I'm stickin' to it.

No comments: