Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Times They Are a Changin'

So I go to the gas station this morning, MY gas station, the one I've been going to for as long as I've owned my car, to fill up for the last time before my dear Sporty is no longer mine. And IT'S CHANGED. Same owners, but they've become Petro Can. They used to be Mowhawk. I was actually a little stunned.

This may seem to you like a small, silly thing to stun a person. But this place has been one of the few constants in my life in Winnipeg. Everything has been changing around me, the crowd I hang with (cause people keep moving), the people at church, the location of the church, where I live. It's been a blessed but unstable existence for the past 7 years. And now my trusty gas station has left me too! I've felt for a long time change was coming through for me, and I think this is another sign.

2 comments:

Joyska said...

cheryl as one of those who has moved away, let me say I am excited for the changes for you (but must say there are times I miss the "good ole days!"

Congrats on your trip and I can't wait to see you when you come back!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see when you get here!!! Two more sleeps!! Diana