Monday, February 27, 2006

Yes, Bev, I got the job!!

I just found out half an hour ago that the job I applied for in Japan is now mine!!! WOOHOO, YEEHAA, and all the other celebratory noise we make in the English language. I'm going to Japan, I'm going to Japan, I'm going to Japan. [read with all the excitement you can muster]


And to add to the excitement, the contract starts at the same time I changed jobs last year, May 1, and ends on the exact same day as my JET programme contracts, July 21.

This is significant to me because God has been speaking to me of some kind of a change that's coming through, and though my life is constantly changing one way or the other, I think there's something of great importance coming through, though I don't know exactly what. I don't know the timing, and I'm not expecting anything dramatic, but I am expecting something significant, and these contract dates are interesting. Last year I spent seven months wanting to quit, and a week AGONIZING over the date, and decided not to quit until the spur of the moment, which turned out to be very God, if unorthodox. And I knew I was entering into a season of change then.

Seven years ago I came back to Canada after 3 years in Japan, arriving on July 21. My life really changed in that moment, and I have changed over the years as God brought different people and situations into my life. This has been a very significant season in my life, and as of July 21, 2006 it will be exactly 7 years long. I'm told 7 is a Biblical symbol for completion.

This term in Japan is just a vacation as far as I'm concerned, a sort of working holiday. I'm really looking forward to having ALOT of fun. And God likely has more to add to that, which I'll gladly take. But now I'm really curious as to what fall 2006 is going to be like.

3 comments:

Diana said...

YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOO! Good news!!! Good to hear it! Looking forward to the fun! Very cool about the dates. God's up to something!

UF said...

That is very right on! We shall be preparing for the grand arrival of "Aunty C"! Any idea where? Are you going to be close?

UF said...

If we wanna phone, do we still phone Uncle Peter's place?