Thursday, February 16, 2006

Winter Came

So from the warmest January on record, we jumped to the coldest February. Actually, I don't know if this will be a record breaking month, but we jumped from abnormally warm temps to some of the coldest temps and wind chills you can get. What a place!! It's just as well. I probably would have missed winter if it hadn't come at all.

So Lanney commented on my last entry that it sounds like I've got a lot going on. I guess she's right. It's just no one of those things takes a lot of time, so I feel like I'm not doing much. I still have way too much time to spend in front of the TV.

Which reminds me, I have an episode of Lost to catch up on. See y'all later.

5 comments:

UF said...

Well, we sure are dealing in opposites then, because in Japan we just experienced the coldest winter in teh five that I have been here. That said, I had to laugh when I talked to some at home and said, "it's freaking cold here! Minus 4 every day!!" And he replied, "It's freakin awesome here! Minus four every day!!"

Difference over there is that it is never minus 4 inside the house!! But I shouldn't complain because now it is getting gorgeous here, at least for the last few days. Yesterday it hit 18 degrees. I do think a person wussifies to a certain degree, being away from Winnipeg, because when I came here, I thought the winter was nothing more than a cool fall day, but now I am really starting to hate it. And before I hated the crazy hot summer. Now it is growing on me...

It's amazing how one's preferences can change. Sushi is further proof...

Cheryl said...

I thought you always liked sushi.

And I think everyone wussifies with the weather. Meteorologists call it "climatizing".

We're real babies here. We've had that great warm winter, then we get two weeks of real winter, and we're whining like we don't know what hit us. At least when the cold comes in Feb. you know it can't last long.

Do you find your body is adjusting to the summer? ie. it doesn't feel as uncomfortable as it used to? Or is it just that you've learned to live with the uncomfortable heat?

Bev said...

Are you getting the job?? Did they get enough references??

Diana said...

good gestion, Bev! I'm wondering the same thing! Diana

Diana said...

oops! that would be good question!