Saturday, May 19, 2007

It's Cold

I still have a lot to say on the subject of airguns, "bad neighborhoods", and fear, but I'm not in the mood right now.

It's cold. I'm in Killarney at the library with my mom. The place still smells the same. I don't know if it's the old books or the old building, but this place has smelled this way for at least 30 years. It's kind of funny and comforting. I don't run into aromas very often that can take me down memory lane, but I can clearly remember being 5 in this place.

It's kind of fun.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Isn't it amazing how smells can trigger memories?
It has the power to carry us back in space and time.
Fun indeed.

Joyska said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Ron said...

Regarding bad neighbourhoods:

I just talked my 18 year old daughter out of renting a basement apt on the corner of Maryland & Ellice. I was just too concerned for her saftey. Was that prejudicial and racist of me? Perhaps it was. I have a friend who is a City of Wpg Police Constable , she strongly urged us to stop Eleanor from renting the place.

simon said...

I now it is very cold but I here it is going to get colder
and you and grandma are going to the library and I went to the library too and I got 10 books.

well....it is good to give you a comment.
have a good day.