Friday, February 23, 2007

Update

Ok Lanney. I've been thinking I should update this for a while. For all who are wondering, this blog isn't dead and neither am I. I just haven't been making an effort to blog, mostly because my life seems rather bland since coming back from Japan. It's fun to blog when you think you're going to entertain people somewhat, but I don't want to bore you.

I am still working nights at my job. What goes on there is supposed to remain confidential, so I can't say much about that. I'll just say that I find myself with plenty of opportunity to practice having patience, and that I am learning how terrible it is to spoil a child. If you have children, don't do it. It can have serious consequences. That's all I can say about that, except perhaps keep in mind that I work with adults.

I am going to start an internship at my church. This is the first step toward becoming a pastor in the denomination I attend. So it's a dream coming true. I feel somewhat excited, but mostly terrified and overwhelmed. And I haven't even started yet. So if you're a praying person, pray for me. I'll be getting involved with something called the Flatlander's Inn. It is an attempt to help the down and out get a leg up. That's about all I know about it, except that it involves a community of people, some of whom will be sharing the same living space. I won't be one of those.

Anyway, time is already running out on me. Will blog again, sometime.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to read about you again! I already feard that you'd taken that radio-lady too serious ;)
It will never bore me to know what's going on in your life!
Could you send me your adress, so that I can send you a CD?!
Miss you!
Sabine

Ron said...

Wow Cheryl, big things are happening in your life! A Pastoral internship is significant step. May God guide and bless you in this!

Anonymous said...

YEAH! An update! Sorry it took me a few days to get to it but it is great! Your life is not bland...Pastoral Intership and Flatlanders Inn will keep you busy I am sure. I look forward to seeing you in the Summer! Not sure what dates I will be in Winnipeg yet but I will let you know.

Diana said...

I am so happy and proud that you are taking this step towards your dreams! And looking forward to hearing what you will learn through the process! Will phone soon. luv u.